This poll has ended.

Beanhive Has New Hours For 2024

Yuchen Wang

The Beanhive, a coffee shop that Knox students frequently visit for studying, announces that it will now be open on Sundays from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m..

Located on East Simmons, the usual hours are 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., with the exception of being closed on Monday, and newly introduced hours on Sunday.

Mary Christianson, the owner, expressed that this is not the first time they have tried introducing hours on Sundays, The Beanhive has been open on Sundays in previous years. Now, with the success the cafe has seen recently, she thinks the time was right to open the shop on Sundays again.

Christianson is a Galesburg native and has been the owner of The Beanhive for more than ten years. She purchased it in 2013, ten years after it first opened. It has been her dream to own a coffee shop since she was a little kid.

“It’s pretty cool to interact with people, getting to know the customers… I have formed a lot of friendships from working here, and seeing friendships form too,” Christianson said.

A Cozy Corner at Beanhive on a Snowy Day (Yuchen Wang)

After buying the shop, Christianson made changes such as introducing the cozy corners with games and books.

The shop offers both hot and iced coffee, and a selection of iced tea that changes daily.

There are also food items available for purchase. The cinnamon roll and french toast are the most popular items among students.

Christianson is very grateful for the support of the Galesburg and Knox communities for her business, even remembering students who frequented the shop from ten years ago when they came back for homecoming.

For students who wish to have a cozy environment to study and shelter from the storm, she recommends checking out The Beanhive, which is just a five minute walk from campus.