62° Galesburg
Student Read, Student Written, Student Led Since 1878

The Knox Student

The Knox Student

The Knox Student

Poll

This poll has ended.

Student Senate recently passed a bylaw requiring a club representative at senate meetings. They have since paused the bylaw. Are you in favor of it?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Review: “Maara,” The Lost Soul

Review: “Maara,” The Lost Soul

As always, I scrolled down the page on Amazon Prime, searching for something new and easy to take my mind off things. I often watch romantic movies, but I got tired of watching the same story all over again, with a newcomer businessman trying to buy the company of a woman but ending up falling for her and vice versa. I came across this movie: “Maara.” It is an Indian movie, directed by Dhilip Kumar in 2020. I was curious so I pressed “PLAY.” Best decision of my day. 

The story started in a bus at night. A little girl was traveling with her mother and her grandmother. She was struggling to fall asleep. There, a stranger woman starts telling her a story about a lost soul and his owner wandering the world to find it. The little girl never forgot about it. Later, she saw paintings staging the tale and started looking for the creator of this work of art: Maara. This is the story of a girl looking for a stranger and winds up falling in love. I was moved by the beauty and poetry of the story, all the connections made in the scenario and all the little pieces of a puzzle, which when reunited reveal a colorful picture. This is the story arc of the film. On top of that, the landscapes and music used were riveting. I recommend everyone who wants to travel for a few hours to get on Maara’s board and listen to his stories.

Few words about the director: South Indian director, age 51. He worked in the Tamil movie

industry (Indian filmmaking industry). One of his previous films is “Kalki” (a romance).